NUTRITIONIST I, BILINGUAL- WIC- CICERO HEALTH CENTER Job Number: 00123919
Job Posting : Jan 15, 2020, 5:27:04 PM Closing Date : Jan 30, 2020, 5:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME 1111 Health and Hospital Systems Posting Salary: $21.422- HOURLY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
JOB SUMMARYAFSCME 1111
LOCATION: CICERO HEALTH CENTER (5912 W CERMAK RD, CICERO, IL 60804)
DEPARTMENT: AMBULATORY & COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK
SHIFT: MON, WED, THUR 8AM-4PM; TUES 10AM-6PM; FRI 7AM-3PM; SAT 8AM-4PM (TWICE A MONTH)
The Nutritionist I, Bilingual performs individual nutrition counseling, group education, and nutritional health promotion work in the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program and other initiative as assigned in areas served by Cook County Health (CCH). Oversees WIC site operations and directs clinic staff as the on-site professional. Provides coverage of clinics throughout service areas as assigned. This is a grant funded position.
* Licensed in the State of Illinois as a Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (must provide proof at time of interview) * Bachelor's degree or higher in nutrition science, dietetics, community nutrition, or public health nutrition (must provide official transcripts at time of interview) * Must possess a valid driver's license and insured vehicle or otherwise provide an acceptable and reliable means of transportation (must provide proof at time of interview) * Bilingual in English/Spanish
* Three (3) years of experience in dietetic practice * Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration for the American Dietetic Association as a Registered Dietician (must provide proof at time of interview)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Deferred Compensation Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
* 100% Tuition Reimbursement for nursing-related programs
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment orhiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER