Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0017169
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking a Vascular Medicine Physician to join our Vascular Care practice in Maplewood, Minnesota. This position will join a network of academic physicians, fellows, residents, APPs, and nurses providing Vascular care in the outpatient setting in our Central and East Regions.
- This is a 1.0 FTE clinical full-time position
- Will provide outpatient Vascular Medicine care at Vascular Center clinics at the University of Minnesota Clinical Sciences and Surgery Center, M Health Fairview Maplewood Clinic, and Fairview Lakes Medical Center - Wyoming.
- This is a non-procedural position with ability to share noninvasive vascular study reading with interventional radiology and vascular surgery
- There is an active educational program including teaching learners at all stages of education including the University of Minnesota Medical School students, residency and fellowship programs
- No inpatient consultation or after hours call
Expertise, Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Vascular Medicine fellowship-training program.
- Experience in Vascular Medicine, Internal Medicine or a physician with knowledge and background in vascular medicine required
- You are experienced in all aspects of vascular disease evaluation and management with special interest in one or more of the following areas: peripheral arterial disease, venous disease, lymphatic diseases, thrombophilia and clotting disorders, wound care and vasculitis
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation(r) (RPVI(r)) Certification to read non-invasive vascular lab studies
In addition, qualified applicants will also possess the following:
- Medical Doctor (MD, DO)
- Current or eligible, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical License
- Board Certified Physician or Board Eligible Physician. If not yet certified, expectation is to acquire certification within 2 years of hire.
- Advanced knowledge of vascular medicine diagnosis and treat
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.