Optum, the largest employer of Providers in the US, is currently seeking a Internal Medicine Physician to join our practice in Palm Springs, CA. We have developed a reputation for providing quality, compassionate care to communities in the Inland Empire and surrounding area.
The Physician is responsible for the day-to-day clinical care of patients. The Physician manages the health of patients by providing preventive evaluations and wellness education, and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions. The Physician is responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services.
- Treat patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, or necessary outpatient procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Refer appropriate tertiary care to specialists or care facilities
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record
- Active and unrestricted Physician license in California or the ability to obtain
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Current DEA certificate required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1 or more years of practice experience preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Managed Care experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.