Location: New York, New York
Admin / Clerical
$29.49 - $45.75/hour
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering, we've devoted more than 130 years to exceptional patient care, innovative research, and outstanding educational programs. As the world's oldest and largest private cancer center, we focus on changing the way that the world treats cancer in absolutely everything we do.
We have openings in our Nassau and Manhattan Outpatient Operations teams. Our Ambulatory Care department plays a large role in ensuring patients have a positive experience during their outpatient visits. Our team helps facilitate communication between multiple different groups across various specialties so our patients receive the best care.
Do you want to move into a leadership role? Are you looking for the next step in your career? We want you to join us!
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively to meet shared objectives and goals
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, finding the most effective and efficient processes to optimize workflow
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about achieving results
- Partner with the Assistant Managers and Ambulatory Care (outpatient) leadership team in the daily oversight and support of Care Coordinators and clinical teams, ensuring optimal patient satisfaction and efficient clinic flow
- Act as a first-line resource for administrative staff and clinicians
- Participate in training and mentorship of new and existing coordinators
- Develop and cultivate relationships with multiple counterparts including clinicians, staff, and peers across the department
- Persist to complete tasks, even in the face of difficulties
- Accomplish desired results in a manner that maximizes the use of time and resources
- Demonstrate adaptability to support daily operations and provide cross-coverage
- Use your digital literacy skills to collect, analyze, and present data
- Participate in special projects and task forces as determined by the Assistant Managers, Managers, and Directors
- 2-4 years of experience in healthcare operations or administration
- At least one year of experience in an Office Coordinator/Care Coordinator/equivalent or higher role
- Experience mentoring and teaching new teammates
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively reach different audiences
Hours: Flexible hours, Monday - Friday with some weekend shifts
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range: $29.49 - $45.75/hour
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy. #LI-Onsite
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.