Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function provides ambulatory pharmaceutical care services including but not limited to the evaluation, interpretation, and management of medications to improve the outcomes and quality of healthcare to patients using value-based therapeutics. The activities entail collaborating with providers and other multi-disciplinary team members and applying medication management strategies in alignment with evidence-based medicine.
Ensures the safe and effective use of medications for Landmark patients by providing medication therapy management including medication reconciliation, assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services. Reviews inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate and works with Landmark clinicians and multi-disciplinary team to find alternatives when needed, to ensure the best care possible is being given and to maximize clinical and financial outcomes.
If you are located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in disease state management programs targeting chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart failure, COPD, and other diseases through collaborative practice agreements (dependent on state-specific regulations)
- Appropriately manage, assess and/or recommend evidence-based medication therapy based upon the patient’s clinical needs for optimizing care outcomes and reducing any potential patient safety problems (i.e. drug interactions, suboptimal medication regimens, high risk medications etc.) as a part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Design, implement, assess, monitor, and document therapeutic plans utilizing the most effective, safe, and economical medication treatments
- Provide concise, applicable, comprehensive, and timely responses to requests for drug information from patients and health care providers
- Provide education to patients and/or caregivers regarding medications and chronic disease states
- Contribute to and support market-specific and pharmacy-related quality measures
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of performance/quality improvement and patient safety activities with the Landmark Team
- Share expertise by coordinating and providing educational presentations to Landmark multi-disciplinary team
- Complete required continuing education credits and submit pharmacist license renewal to State Board of Pharmacy on time
- Engage in professional development to maintain and enhance knowledge of clinical standards of care relevant to Landmark Health’s patient population
- Prioritize level of care based on critical needs and perform home visits for patients as needed
- Some travel required
- Reports to the Manager of Pharmacy Operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Licensed pharmacist within state or eligible within 60 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- PGY1 residency or Board Certification
- 2+ years clinical pharmacy practice experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.