Location: CORONA, California
Join the Southwest Healthcare Team!
Creating Health and Harmony, Southwest Healthcare is a comprehensive network of care with convenient hospital and ambulatory care/outpatient locations here to serve the Southern California community. With over 6,000 passionate providers and healthcare employees, our shared goal is to provide convenient access to a wide range of healthcare services in a way that benefits you, your family, and the entire community.
Southwest Healthcare is comprised of five acute care hospitals and several non-hospital access points, including: Corona Regional Medical Center, Palmdale Regional Medical Center, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital, Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital and Temecula Valley Hospital, Temecula Valley Day Surgery, A+ Urgent Care Centers, and Riverside Medical Clinics. For more information, please visit our website at www.swhealthcaresystem.com.
Southwest Healthcare is seeking a Remote Inpatient Coder who collaborates with staff across the Region. This position is Full-Time and responsible for:
- Inpatient records are charged/coded in accordance to established Coding guidelines and regulations.
- Assist with other areas of coding as needed.
- Collaborates with Health Information Management (HIM) Leadership, as needed, to review charts for performance improvement initiatives and assists with the resolution of coding issues.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree from an accredited College or University in Health Information Management preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in coding related functions with proficiency in inpatient coding required, acute care experience required.
- Current Registered Health Information Administrator Certificate (RHIA) or a current Registered Health Information Technician Certificate (RHIT) required, or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS). All certificates are accredited by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge and ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and Title 22 standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to set priorities and appropriately organize workload and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to relate to clinical personnel and medical staff, as well as ability to interact well with the public.
- Must have knowledge of PC and applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to adhere to all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal and State statute, as it related to proper and improper releases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, including disease processes.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of current ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS coding guidelines with working knowledge of DRG, APC and diagnosis sequencing concepts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHPD requirements for Inpatient reporting.
- Proficiency in the use of all applicable software, which includes the abstracting system 3M HDM product(s) and Nuance CD One.
- Demonstrates familiarity with patient medical records.
- Demonstrates ability to perform under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and tight schedules.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates effective communication with all customers (i.e. medical staff, hospital staff, patients, etc.) regardless of communication method. Utilizes principles of AIDET for framework of conservations.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain positive relationships and courteous interactions with hospital staff, medical staff, and the public.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
Southwest Healthcare is owned and operated by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS; via e-mail, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for the above-listed position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.